The exterior of your home is elevated in every way, from the exquisite brickwork to the inviting front door paint tones. But what happens when you walk through the door? Is it colder and more impersonal than an extended stay motel room? Does clutter roll down the front stoop like tumbleweeds in an Old West?
It’s OK. There is a better way, a cheaper way that’s also warm and welcoming. At StyleCraft Homes, we believe that it’s what’s on the inside that counts. So we’ve come up with some tips for updating your home’s look without breaking the bank. Read on…
- Right-Size Your Plan: Thinking about overhauling your interior aesthetic can be overwhelming. That’s why we recommend a piecemeal approach. Think small by making little updates to your home, such as adding artwork, rugs, or side tables to freshen things up. Best of all, you can do this without digging too far into your pocket. For a quick and easy piece of wall art, grab some second hand paintings at a yard sale or slide your favorite greeting card into a contemporary frame. Soon you could have an entire gallery of saved, second-hand, and repurposed art. That means you get bonus points, as home gallery walls are trending right now!
- Brush Up To Live Up: Sometimes rejuvenating your home interior is as easy as buying a can (or 10 cans) of paint. A fresh coat applied to your walls and furniture breathes new life into your home. Maybe even try out one of our recommended design trends for 2017, and give your accent pieces a little bling by applying jewel tones.
- Let Your Pillows Do The Talking: Throw pillows are decorative by design. But what’s the point of having them if they don’t reflect your style, whether they’re fun and fluffy, slim and trim, or emblazoned with sassy catchphrases. “I don’t do mornings,” we totally get it.
- Give Your Walls Some Pop: Once upon a time, everyone thought the world was flat. The same can be said of walls, and with a little design savvy, you can prove otherwise. Add dimension to your walls by hanging clocks, baskets, and mirrors, which can trick the eye into believing cramped spaces are much more spacious.
- Liven Things Up: Bring the outside, inside by adding some inexpensive plants around the house. If you’ve had to bury more dead plants in the back yard than you care to share, try succulents or other low-maintenance plants to get started.
- Add Some Half and Half: Who says you need a big, bold coffee table? Buck tradition by setting two inexpensive side tables side by side. You’ll still have plenty of surface area for your mammoth mug of morning joe.
Elevating your interior home design doesn’t have to break the bank. You don’t need to spend a lot to make a big impact. Just try some of these savvy and inexpensive tips, and you’ll get there little by little.