How do you truly get to know a community without living in it? It’s a question we often hear from homebuyers. And because we live among the very communities we build in, we’re in a unique position to share an insider’s look at your potential new home.
Woodside Estates in a Nutshell:
The Center of the Universe. It’s a cute and clever name locals coined for the quaint town of Ashland that admittedly has more to do with its central location within Virginia than its position among the stars and space.
That said, Woodside Estates is all about space. Outer space and inner space. With half-acre homesites and single-family homes featuring spacious floor plans, Woodside Estates is Hanover County’s top-selling new construction community for good reason.
Here is what makes Woodside Estates special…
- Plenty of privacy: Take one ride through our Ashland community and you’ll notice that these homes have room to breathe. With half-acre homesites and tree-lined streets, you actually have to get out of your house and walk down the street to borrow a cup of sugar from a neighbor — not simply reach out the window.
- …but not too much. When you’re relaxing in your backyard in Woodside Estates, it’s hard to imagine that I-95 and downtown Ashland are just around the corner — or that Short Pump is just 25 minutes away.
- Top Schools: Hanover County boasts an award-winning school district, including School of Distinction Kersey Creek Elementary.
A park and playground give the family room to romp without having to get in the car.
Here are a few of the local sights to check out…
- Shopping: We already mentioned that the popular Short Pump Town Center is just 25 minutes away. And if you want an even shorter ride, Virginia Center Commons — complete with a movie theater, popular casual dining restaurants and more — is just a 12-minute drive from Woodside Estates. Also, don’t forget all the great mom & pop shops lining the streets of downtown Ashland.
- Parks & Rec: Explore Washington Lacy Park, which is just four minutes away on foot. Bring your bike or horse — yes, horse — as this is an equestrian-friendly park. For more heart-pounding thrills, zip over to King’s Dominion, which is just 12 minutes north on I-95, to soak in a day of fun and roller coasters.
The Dining Scene
When you need to give your kitchen the night (or day) off, try a “home-cooked” meal at one of Ashland’s favorite spots…
- Iron Horse Restaurant: This modern restaurant looks right onto the picturesque railroad tracks cutting through town. It offers southern fare with seasonal ingredients within a historic building.
- Homemades by Suzanne: This rail side café is an award-winning landmark. We recommend trying any of their desserts. And definitely the chicken salad. Get some to go, too. (They also cater if you have a birthday or big event you need to host.)
- The Caboose: For fresh ingredients and a specialty food, wine, and beer market, we recommend this cozy café that’s known for getting innovative with ingredients sourced from Virginia’s finest producers.
- Center of the Universe (“COTU”) Brewing: Sometimes, you’re thirsty. And this popular craft brewery on Air Park Road hits the sweet spot. Best of all, it’s family friendly and features plenty of events with live music and more.
We could talk all day about Woodside Estates and the surrounding community. But to truly appreciate all it has to offer, you need to get out and explore it for yourself. And with its final homesites now selling, now is the time to reserve yours. To learn more, call Brooke Green at 804.523.HOME.